Principal Software Engineer
Focused Support LLC is a privately owned small business creating modern software products for the Unmanned Systems domain. We are seeking a bright, self-motivated individual who is looking for the challenges, opportunities and benefits that come with working for a small, fast-paced organization.
- Contributes to software architecture
- Leads a software development team
- Manages the software development process
- Leads standups
- Assigns tasks
- Controls high level branches
- Performs the release process
- Communicates status to the product lead and other stakeholders
- Cooperatively works with the product lead to further refine product requirements
- Writes code when not performing other tech lead duties
- Oversees and/or performs product deployment to customer locations
- Provides product training
- Oversees and provides remote product technical and operational support
- Mentors more junior developers
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Capable of working with minimal day-to-day direction
- Experience with a modern object-oriented language such as Java, C++, or C#
- Experience using software development tools such as Eclipse, VSCode, Git, Jenkins, etc.
- Desire and ability to quickly and effectively learn new technologies and adapt to new environments and methodologies
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Flexibility to quickly adjust to the changing needs and priorities of a small, rapidly growing business
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent professional experience
- Due to security requirements US citizenship is required.
We are a small software company based in Logan, UT., but we also have an office in Columbia, MD. We make software for the US Air Force and for other large aircraft manufacturers, and are working on some cool projects that directly contribute to keeping our country safe.
All positions are fully benefited including PTO, 401k match, and healthcare benefits. Pay BOE.Apply